This is part two on how you can get your costume done on time for the con. Take a deep breath. This might hurt a little bit (but it’s totally worth it).
- Set an absolute deadline at least TWO WEEKS before the date you want to wear your costume. Don’t break this. Ever.
- Drop everything you’re doing right now and make a pact with yourself that the 2-week deadline is a sacred step in your cosplay construction that shall never be broken.
- Promising yourself is easy, and we break stuff like this all the time. Make incentives for completing on time!
- On-time example: If I finish on time, I get to chow down on that ice cream I’ve been eyeballing (#noregrets)
- Early finish example: Wow! Finished 1 week early! I’m going to go to that dance club I’ve been interested in but too shy to go to, since I have so much time now. Or learn how to do the waltz so I can look legit in my princess dress (or whatever suits your fancy)
- Late finish example: Well, it l ooks like I won’t be spending the extra $$ to visit my favorite actor/actress at the con. (Seriously, make this pact violation painful to break)
- Late finish discipline could also be doled out on a “every day I’m late” basis. I.E. “Every day I’m late, that’s one less con party I’m going to attend”