Nearly all cosplayers have experienced con exhaustion at one point or another. If you’re always wondering WHY you’re so tired, or WHY you decided to wear that crazy death-trap costume, I have a few tips that will help your experience go a lot smoother.
NOTE: a small bag will help you carry stuff. If you can’t carry a bag, tuck some cash somewhere in your costume.
- Bring food (preferably protein to help hold you over)
- Granola bars, nuts, and jerky are very mobile
- OR bring cash with you and know where the vending machines are if you are crashing hard and need food NOW
- Bring a small water bottle
- Fill it up near fountains
- Or just hit the water fountains hard and frequently
- SIT DOWN whenever you can
- “OH LOOK! SOME STAIRS! *flop*”
- Pack headache/body ache medicine.
- If you don’t have a bag, buy the single use packets at a local drugstore and tuck it in your costume
- Eat breakfast
- I don’t care how eager you are to head to the con. Start your day off with food in your stomach and drink as much water as you can comfortably tolerate.
- Start eating healthy/sleeping 7-8 hrs the week before. You will be able to “go hard” longer.
- *I realize that many cosplayers are spending the last couple of free nights making costumes. See my guide on: How to make your costumes ON TIME for the con
- Bonus: SLEEP!
- I know it’s unrealistic to ask cosplayers to get a good night’s rest at the con, but you really will enjoy your day time more