As cosplayers, we don’t necessarily think of ourselves as a “brand”, but we are essentially marketing ourselves to our viewers… even if we aren’t selling them anything. Your brand will be a guideline on what and how you post in the future, so before you start a cosplay page, please consider the following:
- What outlet should I use? (Website, Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
- The type of posts you make might determine the best place to put your product. Do you post often? Do you make lengthy posts? Are you posts heavily image-driven? Do you like to schedule posts?
- What direction do I want my page to go?
- What is your main reason for having a page? Tutorials? Updates on costume progress? Reblogging cool cosplay-related things?
- What name will I use?
- Make sure this is something that you identify as. For instance, I use “Life Of Cosplay” because I update on everything in my life that involves cosplay.
- Do you want it to be unique? Easy to remember? Easy to spell? Remember that this name will STICK WITH YOU FOREVER.
- How many variations of this cosplay name is there already?
- Initially I chose “Peachy Cosplay” as my page, but realized there are several pages out there with a similar name.